Compressing Page.maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack js WebResource.axd file, can it be done?

Jan 9, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Hi Miron, Excellent work, thanks for sharing. On my site I'm using maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack on my pages which generates a 20k webresource js file which somehow bypasses your checks for .axd files so it isn't compressed. I would like to use this file but paying 20k just to maintain scroll position seems a bit excessive. Can you think of a way to include it in the files to be compressed? I can of course copy the script into my own js file so it gets compressed but that doesn't do anything as setting maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="true" in the config (or on individual pages) does more than just include the script along with the pages.

Appreciate any solutions you can think of, if there is either a way to pick up the webresource file along with the others, or set maintainscroll to true but suppress the sending of the generated file and send our own compressed version?

Thanks a  lot, mike

Mar 26, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Hi Mike,

I added maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack to the page and the Webresource was compressed my the module.

Can you supply me a sample project so I can figure out what is the problem?

Thanks