Not Compressing?

Jun 28, 2009 at 10:23 PM

Hi Miron,

I downloaded the source code for your library today (from this site), built a release dll of it, added that to my bin directory and followed the readme to configure my web.config correctly.   I know that it's being recognized, because I'm getting the js.axd reference, rather than my old js file, but it seems to me that it's not actually compressing everything.  I'm using http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/ to tell me about my page, and the results from that are not different from before I added your module. (I'm also trying to use fiddler, though to be honest, I don't understand a whole lot about it...but it's telling me the same thing as the web analyzer in terms of page size.  Also, if I tell Fiddler to use gzip compression or deflate compression, it reduces the file size dramatically...)

The website I'm using this on is www.collectisity.com, which is hosted by GoDaddy on shared hosting using IIS7.

Here's my "Miron.web" section of my web.config (the rest of the web.config is just copy and paste from your readme...I'm not getting any errors, so I trust I did that right)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

<font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

Miron.web>

<CompressorSettings reflectionAlloweded="false" daysInCahe="30" optimizeHtml="true" compressCSS="true" compressJavaScript="true" compressPage="true" compressWebResource="true" compressThirdParityScripts="true"><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

excludeTypes><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<!--

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

<add key="" />--><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

excludeTypes><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

excludePaths><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

<!--

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

<add key="" />--><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

excludePaths><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

CompressorSettings><font size="2" color="#0000ff"><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

</

</font></font><font size="2" color="#0000ff">

 

</font>

Miron.web>

Any thoughts on why it doesn't seem to be compressing? 

(Also, as a bit of an FYI, I tried flipping the "reflectionAllowed" to true just to see if that would help...it didn't, but it also didn't break my site so I'm not sure that's necessary if people are being hosted by GoDaddy as your readme states)

Thank you!

 

Coordinator
Jul 5, 2009 at 12:44 AM

By now, the library is not working on IIS7 "as is".

It needs some modificatons.

When I will have time I will publish them.

Jul 5, 2009 at 3:31 AM

Thanks for your reply Miron, if you know the changes that need to be made and would prefer just to post directions on what needs changing, I can adjust my copy per your instructions.  It's up to you what you think is easiest, but whichever, I look forward to getting this working!

Thanks again.

Coordinator
Sep 23, 2009 at 6:33 PM

The library is now working on IIS7 as well.